Here are ten interesting notes that Remarkable served up for today around MLB, featuring Rhys Hoskins, Corey Kluber, and a few struggling offenses…
RHYS HOSKINS IS NOT MISSING FASTBALLS
He’s worthy of four notes, so here they are:
- Hoskins has missed just 2 times in 28 swings (7.1%) on inside fastballs (League Avg: 15.2%).
- He has missed just 2 times in 29 swings (6.9%) on high fastballs (League Avg: 25.2%).
- He has missed just 3 times in 31 swings (9.7%) on fastballs away (League Avg: 21.3%).
4. One of the most impressive things about Hoskins‘ home run barrage is how many have come with two strikes. Would you believe just one fewer than Stanton? https://twitter.com/InsideEdgeScout/status/902249904801669121.
TODAY’S STARTING PITCHERS:
5. Surprising streak of the day: Corey Kluber has allowed at least one HR in each of his last 8 games dating back to July 15th (this is the longest active streak).
6. Luis Severino has thrown 76 fastballs at 100+ MPH this season (Rank: 1st of 171 qualified SPs in MLB).
7. Opponents are hitting .167 against Drew Pomeranz (39-for-233) as a starter with RISP since the start of 2016 (Rank: 1st of 107 qualified SPs in MLB; League Avg: .264)
8. The Blue Jays have scored first in just 33.3% of their home games (22/66) this season (Rank: 29th of 30 in MLB; League Avg: 43.6%).
9. Nationals hitters have an OPS of just .692 over the last 30 days (Rank: 29th of 30 in MLB; League Avg: .758).
10. Royals hitters have grounded into 7 double plays in 32 opportunities* (21.9%) over the past 7 days (Rank: 30th of 30 in MLB; League Avg: 8.9%). * runner on first base with less than two outs
Thanks for visiting! For more information on Remarkable, click here: inside-edge.com/remarkable/getremarkable
And, you may also enjoy what we’re posting over on Twitter: @InsideEdgeScout